Ricardo Ruiz Baier
University of Oxford
Office S2.34, Andrew Wiles Building
Radcliffe Observatory Quarter, Woodstock Road
OX2 6GG Oxford, United Kingdom
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, phone:
+44 1865 615168
I am a Departmental Lecturer in Numerical Analysis at the Mathematical Institute of Oxford University.
My research concentrates on the design and analysis of numerical methods for partial differential
equations, focusing on discretisations that preserve the main features of the underlying natural
phenomenon we aim to describe.
My areas of interest and expertise include fundamental topics in numerical analysis
and scientific computing, as well as applications. For example:
- Finite volume and finite element methods
- Schemes based on mixed and augmented formulations
- Space-time adaptivity and error estimation
- Degenerate parabolic equations and reaction-diffusion systems
- Saddle-point problems
- Multiphase flow and transport in porous media
- Sedimentation-consolidation processes
- Cardiac electrophysiology and electromechanics
- Nonlinear elasticity, active materials
Last updated: Oct 2, 2017.