Maths by Balázs Szendrői
- (with Ádám Gyenge and András Némethi) Euler characteristics of Hilbert schemes of points on simple surface singularities, European Journal of Mathematics 4 (2018), 439-524.
- (with Ádám Gyenge and András Némethi) Euler characteristics of Hilbert schemes of points on surfaces with simple singularities, International Mathematics Research Notices, Volume 2017, 4152-4159.
- (with Alberto Cazzaniga, Andrew Morrison and Brent Pym) Motivic Donaldson--Thomas invariants of some quantized threefolds, Journal of Noncommutative Geometry 11 (2017) 1115-1139.
- Cohomological Donaldson--Thomas theory, Proceedings of String-Math 2014, AMS, 2016.
- (with Ben Davison, Davesh Maulik and Joerg Schuermann) Purity for graded potentials and quantum cluster positivity, Compositio Mathematica 151 (2015) 1913-1944; preprint version.
- (with Chris Brav, Vittoria Bussi, Delphine Dupont and Dominic Joyce) Symmetries and stabilization for sheaves of vanishing cycles, J. Singularities 11 (2015) 85-151.
- (with Kai Behrend and Jim Bryan) Motivic degree zero Donaldson-Thomas invariants, Inv. Math. 192 (2013) 111-160.
- Nekrasov's partition function and refined Donaldson--Thomas theory: the rank one case, SIGMA (2012) 088, 16pp.
- (with Andrew Morrison, Sergei Mozgovoy and Kentaro Nagao) Motivic Donaldson-Thomas invariants of the conifold and the refined topological vertex, Adv. Math. 230 (2012) 2065-2093.
- (with Imran Qureshi) Calabi-Yau threefolds in weighted flag varieties, Adv. High Energy Phys 2012 (2012) 547317, 14pp.
- (with Imran Qureshi) Constructing projective varieties in weighted flag varieties, Bull. Lon. Math. Soc. 43 (2011) 786-798.
- (with Alexandru Dimca) The Milnor fibre of the Pfaffian and the Hilbert scheme of four points on C3 , Math. Res. Lett. 16 (2009) 1037-1055.
- (with Philip Candelas, Xenia de la Ossa and Yang-Hui He) Triadophilia: a special corner in the landscape, Adv. Theor. Math. Phys. 12 (2008), featured in New Scientist.
- Non-commutative Donaldson-Thomas invariants and the conifold, Geometry and Topology 12 (2008) 1171-1202.
- Sheaves on fibered threefolds and quiver sheaves, Comm. Math. Phys. 278 (2008), 627-641.
- (with Anita Buckley) Orbifold Riemann-Roch for threefolds with an application to Calabi-Yau geometry, J. Algebraic Geom. 14 (2005), 601-622.
- Contractions and monodromy in homological mirror symmetry, in: Strings and geometry (ed. Douglas, Gauntlett and Gross), AMS, 2004.
- Artin group actions on derived categories of threefolds, J. Reine Angew. Math. 572 (2004) 139-166.
- On an example of Aspinwall and Morrison, Proc. Am. Math. Soc. 132 (2004), 621-632.
- On the ample cone of an ample hypersurface, Asian Journal of Mathematics 7 (2003), 1-6.
- Enhanced gauge symmetry and generalized braid group actions, Communications in Mathematical Physics 238 (2003), 35-51.
- On a conjecture of Cox and Katz, Math. Zeitschrift 240 (2002), 233-241.
- Diffeomorphisms and families of Fourier-Mukai transforms in mirror symmetry, in: Applications of Algebraic Geometry to Coding Theory, Physics and Computation, NATO Scinence Series, pp. 317-337, Kluver 2001.
- Calabi-Yau threefolds with a curve of singularities and counterexamples to the Torelli problem II, Math. Proc. Cam. Phil. Soc 129 (2000), 193-204.
- Calabi-Yau threefolds with a curve of singularities and counterexamples to the Torelli problem, Int. J. Math. 11 (2000), 449-459.
- Some finiteness results for Calabi-Yau threefolds, J. London Math. Soc. 60 (1999), 689-699.
- Aspinwall, Bridgeland, Craw, Douglas, Gross, Kapustin, Moore, Segal, Szendroi, Wilson, Dirichlet branes and mirror symmetry, Clay Mathematics Monographs, AMS, 2009.
- Reid and Szendrői, Geometry and topology, textbook at 2nd/3rd year undergraduate level, CUP, 2005.
Network science and big data
- (with Ágnes Czibik, Elizabeth Dávid-Barrett, Mihály Fazekas, Danny Parsons, David Stern and Roger Stern) Assessing Tanzania's National Procurement Data Infrastructure, policy paper, Government Transparency Institute, 2017.
- (with Gábor Csányi) Fractal/small-world dichotomy in real-world systems, Phys.Rev.E. 70, 016122 (2004).
- (with Gábor Csányi) Polynomial epidemics and clustering in contact networks, Proc. R. Soc. Lon. B (Suppl. Biology Letters) 271, S364-S366, DOI 10.1098/rsbl.2004.0188.
- (with Gábor Csányi) Structure of a large social network, Phys.Rev.E. 69, 036131 (2004).
Talks, expository material, reviews, etc
- Developing mathematics in East Africa, Newsletter of the Lonfon Mathematical Society, July 2018.
- Grothendieck és matematikája, 2015.
- Nekrasov's partition function and refined Donaldson--Thomas theory, talk at StringMath 2012, Bonn.
- Physics on a circle and geometry, talk at the 1st Strathmore University Mathematics Conference, Nairobi, August 2011.
- A special corner in the landscape, talk at String Phenomenology 2008, UPenn, May 2008.
- Dimer models and local non-commutative algebraic gemetry, talk at the LMS Invited Lectures, Imperial College, April 2008.
- The structure of a large social network, presentation at Theory Group, Microsoft Research, February 2004.
- MathSciNet reviews (requires MathSciNet subscription)
- Review of Rational and nearly rational varieties by Kollar, Smith and Corti, Bull. London Math. Soc. 39 (2007) 698-700.
- Cubic curves: a short survey, talk at ICAMMP 2004, Sylhet, Bangladesh, January 2005.
- The unbearable lightness of deformation theory - A tutorial introduction, a Calf talk, 18 November 1999.
- Reflexive polytopes and Calabi-Yau threefolds, an expository article on mirror symmetry, 1996.
- Modular forms, a short introduction, 1993.
- Calabi-Yau threefolds and the Torelli problem, PhD thesis University of Cambridge 1999, avaliable upon request.