- Enoch Liu, Undergraduate summer project student 2017. Enoch is studying singularities of algebraic curves and knot theory.
- Aurelio Carlucci, PhD student 2015-, University of Oxford. Aurelio is studying cohomological Donaldson-Thomas theory.
- Andriamahenina Ramanantoanina, Masters student (supervised jointly with Alberto Cazzaniga), 2017, AIMS-SA. Mahenina wrote a dissertation about lines on a cubic surface.
- Rowan Schrecker, Masters dissertation student, 2016-2017, University of Oxford. Rowan wrote a dissertation about finite subgroups of SU(2) and SU(3) and their McKay quiver.
- Andras Sandor, Masters student 2016, University of Oxford. Andras wrote a dissertation on toric geometry. He is now a PhD student at IST Austria.
- Adam Gyenge, unofficial PhD student 2013-2016, MTA Renyi Institute, Budapest (official first supervisor Andras Nemethi). Adam worked on Euler characteristics of Hilbert schemes of points on singular surfaces. He is now a postdoc at UBC.
- Stephen Kadedesya, Masters student (supervised jointly with Alberto Cazzaniga), 2016, AIMS-SA. Stephen wrote a dissertation on finite subgroups of SU(2).
- Heritiana Ravelomanantsoa Andriantsilavo, Masters student (supervised jointly with Alberto Cazzaniga), 2016, AIMS-SA. Heritiana wrote a dissertation on surfaces in projective space.
- Joe Swinson, Masters student, 2015-2016, University of Oxford. Joe wrote a dissertation about uniformization and the moduli space of curves.
- Tim Hosgood, undergraduate summer project student, summer 2015. Tim wrote a project on algebraic curves in weighted projective planes. Tim is currently PhD student at Universite d'Aix-Marseille.
- Alberto Cazzaniga, PhD student 2011-2015, University of Oxford. Alberto wrote a thesis on sheaf counting on commutative and non-commutative threefolds. He is now a post-doc at Stellenbosch University.
- Alan Thompson, PhD student 2007-2011, University of Oxford. He worked on K3 fibrations and their degenerations. Thesis title: Models for threefolds fibred in K3 surfaces of degree two. He is currently a postdoc at the University of Warwick.
- Ben Davison, PhD student 2007-2011, University of Oxford. He worked on brane tilings, orientation data in the theory of motivic DT invariants, as well as superpotential desctiptions of fundamental group algebras. Thesis title: Orientation data in motivic Donaldson-Thomas theory. He is currently Lecturer at the University of Glasgow.
- Imran Qureshi, PhD student 2007-2011, University of Oxford. He worked on weighted homogeneous varieties. Thesis title: Families of polarized varieties in weighted flag varieties. Currently Assistant Professor at LUMS, Lahore.
- Fjodor Gainullin, Undergraduate summer project student 2010, supported by a Nuffield Undergraduate Bursary. We studied 3-dimensional partitions. After having completed a PhD at Imperial, Fjodor now works in the financial sector.
- Marius de Leeuw, Master student 2004-2005, Utrecht University. Thesis: Comparison between the SL(2,C) Hitchin system and an intermediate Jacobian fibration. Completed a PhD in physics in Utrecht. He is currently postdoc at the Niels Bohr Institute.
- Martijn Kool, Master student 2004-2005, Utrecht University. Thesis: The McKay correspondence, derived categories and braid relations. After an Oxford DPhil, he is now a lecturer in Utrecht.
- Anita Buckley, PhD student 1999-2003, University of Warwick (joint student with Miles Reid). Thesis: Orbifold Riemann-Roch for 3-folds and applications to Calabi-Yaus. She is currently Associate Professor at the University of Ljubljana.