Useful information on travel to Oxford can be found on the website of the Oxford Mathematical Institute. St Anne's College is three minutes' walk from the Mathematical Institute and can be found on the maps downloadable via the Institute's website.
The following airports are served by regular coach services to Oxford:
- London Heathrow: the nearest, with the most frequent coach service to Oxford
- London Gatwick: twice as far from Oxford as Heathrow, and coaches half as frequent
- London Stansted: a little further away than Gatwick, but used by many of the low-cost airlines, with some flights at uncivilised times.
Arrival in Oxford
University of Oxford maps of central Oxford (colleges and departments) show St Anne's College (accommodation), the Mathematical Institute (TANCL lectures), and the Computing Laboratory (lectures for all three workshops). Further maps covering a larger area can be found at DailyInfo.
Coach services from the airports terminate at Gloucester Green Bus Station (marked as Bus Station in red on the University map). This is about 10 minutes' walk from St Anne's College. The coach driver will ask you where you want to get off; note that `Gloucester' is pronunced `Gloster'. There are signs at the bus station to a taxi rank a few minutes' walk away.
The rail station (also marked in red on the University map) is about 15 minutes' walk from St Anne's.
Those staying at St Anne's College should report on arrival to the Porters' Lodge on Woodstock Road. The Lodge is manned at all times, so anyone arriving late in the evening need have no concern that they will be unable to get into their room.
Rooms are available from 12 noon. Anyone arriving before that time and whose room is not yet ready may safely leave luggage at the Lodge.
Conference registration and reception
The drinks reception to welcome TANCL participants will be held from 5-7pm on Sunday, 5 August, at St Anne's College (in the marquee on the main lawn).
Registration for TANCL participants will take place as follows.
- For those attending the workshop ‘Spatial and Spatio-temporal logics’ on Sunday, 5 August, from 10.00-10.45am at the Computing Laboratory (the workshop starts at 11am; see Satellite workshops for more information).
- At the TANCL drinks reception, in the marquee.
- At the Mathematical Institute, on Monday, 6 August, from 8.45-9.15am.
Anyone arriving after the conference has begun should contact one of the local organising team at the Mathematical Institute.