- 1st INLN Summer School on Nonlinear Phenomena, Institut Non Lineaire de Nice, CNRS, Universite de Nice, 26-31 May, 1997. A course given of six 1.5 hour lectures on Mathematical Modelling in Biology.
- Mathematics Inspired by Biology, CIME Foundation (Italy) Summer School, 13-20 June, 1997, Martina Franca. Six 45 minute lectures given on Mathematical Modelling in Morphogenesis.
- Mathematical and Computational Issues in Pattern Formation, 3-4 Sept, 1998, IMA, University of Minnesota. Three one-hour tutorials on Mathematical and Computational Issues in Pattern Formation.
- Mathematician in Residence Program, 4-8 Jan, 1999, New College, University of South Florida. Five 1.5 hour lectures and four 1 hour tutorials on Mathematical Modelling in Biology.
- 1st ESMTB Summer School on Spatial Structures in Biology and Ecology: Models and Methods, 4-15 Sept, 2000, Martina Franca. Five 40 minute lectures on Pattern Formation. Morphogenesis course co-ordinator.
- Workshop on Mathematical and Computational Biology, 8-13 Jan, 2001, Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad. Three 1 hour tutorials and a 4 hour computer lab. on Models of Pattern Formation During Development.
- 2nd ESMTB Summer School on Biology and Mathematics of Cells: Physiology, Kinetics and Evolution, 11-22 June, 2001, Siguenza. Three 40 minute lectures on Modelling Aspects of Cell Migration. Cell Migration course co-ordinator.
- E. Formosa Summer School on Pattern Formation in Biology, 1-6 July, 2001, National Dong Hwa University, Hualien, Taiwan. Four 1 hour talks on Self-organisation during Embryonic Development; Normal and Abnormal Wound Healing.
- LMS/EPSRC Short Instructional Course in Mathematical Biology, 6-11 Jan, 2002, University of Manchester. Six 1 hour lectures and two 1 hour tutorials on Modelling Biological Pattern Formation.
- Dynamics of Reactive Fronts Special Program, Institut Henri Poincare, Centre Emile Borel, Paris, Nov 2002. Two 2 hour lectures on Travelling Waves and Spatial Patterns in Biological Models.
- Mathematical Biology Course, Life Sciences Interface Doctoral Training Centre, Oxford, 20th Jan - 7th Feb, 2003. Course leader with D. Gavaghan. Developed a course on mathematics in biology for graduate students. Five 1.5 hr lectures, one seminar, five hours of tutorials. Setting and marking of assignments and projects.
- Mathematical Understanding of Complex Patterns in the Life Sciences Worshop, Lorentz Center, Leiden University, 18th - 27th March, 2003. Guest lecturer: Three 40 min.
lecturers on Mathematical Models for Biological Pattern Formation.
- Modeles Mathematiques en Biologie et Dynamique des Populations (CNRS-funded Summer School), Doudan, Paris, 5th - 10th July, 2004. Six one hour lectures on Mathematical Models for Biological Pattern Formation,
Wound Healing, and Cancer.
- EPSRC/LMS Short Instructional Course in Mathematical Biology, 9th - 14th Jan, 2005, University of Manchester: six 1 hour lectures and two 1 hour tutorials on
Modelling Biological Pattern Formation.
- BIOMAT: Mathematics and Life Sciences: Tumour growth and stem cells, Facultad de Ciencias, Universidad de Granada, 11-15 June, 2007: Two lectures on cancer modelling.
- Mathematical Methods in Biology Summer School, Mathematical Building, POSTECH, Pohang, Korea, 6-7 July, 2007: Three lectures on Modelling Biological Pattern Formation.
- NATO ASI Summer School: Morphogenesis through the interplay of nonlinear chemical instabilities and elastic active media, CNRS Inst d'Etudes Scientifiques, Cargese, Corsica, 2-13 July,
2007: Two lectures on morphogenesis and biological pattern formation.
- Molecular Mechanisms and Mathematical Modelling, Rostock-Warnemunde, June 7-11, 2009
- Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics (SIB) Summer School: Determinism, Stochasticity and Robustness in Biological Processes, Lugano, Aug 3-7, 2009
- First Swedish meeting on Theory and Mathematics in Biology and Medicine, Uppsala, Three lectures on pattern formation in biology and medicine Dec 17-18, 2009
- Advanced Mathematical Sciences I: ``Patterns, Waves and Motion in Biological Systems'', Meiji University, Tokyo, Sept 14-17, 2010: Four lectures covering pattern formation,
wound healing and cancer modelling
- Biomathematics Lecture Series, Dept of Mathematical Sciences, University of Stellenbosch, South Africa, Sept 23-29, 2010: Ten lectures on Case Studies in Mathematical Medicine (wound healing and cancer
- Winter Enrichment Program, KAUST, Saudi Arabia, Jan 13-20, 2012: Two lectures (2 hours each) on Mathematical Modelling in Biology and Medicine (ecology, cancer, pattern formation)
- Biomathematics Honours Course, Dept of Mathematical Sciences, University of Stellenbosch, South Africa, Aug 9-16, 2012: Twelve lectures on ODE/PDE modelling in math biology
- CIMPA Research Summer School on “PDE Methods in Biology and Medicine”, Habana, Cuba, June 24th-July 5th 2013: 7.5 hr lecture course onMathematical Modelling in Development and Cancer
- Pan-American Advanced Studies Institutes (PASI): From Cells to Ecosystems: Frontiers in Collaborative Quantitative Physics-Based Multiscale Modeling of Biological Processes, Instituto de Fisica, UFRGS, Porto Alegre, Brazil,
July 8th-26th 2013: 6 hr lecture course on Mathematical Modelling in Development and Cancer
- Atlantic Association for Research in the Mathematical Sciences (AARMS): Summer School on Dynamical Systems and Mathematical Biology, Memorial University, Newfoundland (Canada), July 15th – Aug 9th 2013:
28.5 hr lecture course on Mathematical Modelling in Developmental Biology and Medicine
- Swiss Doctoral School in Mathematics, Ovronnaz, Switzerland, Aug 28th-31st 2013: 4.5 hr lecture course on Pattern Formation and Self-Organisation in Living Systems
- Biomat 2014: Complexity and Emergence in Social and Biological Systems, University of Granda, Spain, June 25-27, 2014: 2 lectures on Modelling Collective Cell Motion in Biology
- Postgraduate ASI in Mathematical and Physical Sciences: Modelling, Numerical Analysis and Applications, 12-24 July 2015, Isaac Newton Institute for Mathematical Sciences, Cambridge:
One 75 minute lecture on ``Case studies in pattern formation''
- Synthetic Systems Biology Summer School (SSBSS), 5-9 July, 2015, Taormina (Sicily): Two one hour lectures (“Mathematical modelling of biological pattern formation” and “Modelling invasions”)
- Seminaire de Mathematiques Superieures 2016: Biological Dynamics, May 30 - June 10th, 2016, Centre for Mathematical Biology, University of Alberta: Three 50 minute lectures on
pattern formation, travelling waves and hybrid models, and one 80 minute lab