Ranks and Singularities of Cubic Surfaces (with Eunice Sukarto), to appear in Le Matematiche, arXiv:1909.12538.
Tensor clustering with algebraic constraints gives interpretable groups of crosstalk mechanisms in breast cancer (with Mariano Beguerisse-Díaz, Birgit Schoeberl, Mario Niepel and Heather Harrington), Journal of the Royal Society Interface 16 (2019) no. 151, 20180661. [arXiv] [News story]
Singular Vectors of Orthogonally Decomposable Tensors (with Elina Robeva), Linear and Multilinear Algebra 65 (2017) no. 12, 2457-2471. [arXiv]
Eigenconfigurations of Tensors (with Hirotachi Abo and Bernd Sturmfels), Algebraic and Geometric Methods in Discrete Mathematics, Contemporary Mathematics 685, Amer. Math. Soc., Providence, RI (2017) 1-25.
Local dynamics of intersections: V. I. Arnold's theorem revisited (with Sergei Yakovenko) Israel Journal of Mathematics 201 (2014) no. 2 813-833. [arXiv]
The Algebraic Statistics of an Oberwolfach Workshop, Snapshots of modern mathematics from Oberwolfach (2018) no. 1.
Applied Algebra and Geometry: A SIAGA of Seven Pictures, also featured as a series of three articles in SIAM news: I, II, III.
I write a blog called Picture this Maths, a joint project with Rachael Boyd at the Norwegian University of Science and Technology. We present mathematical research centered around pictures. We were featured here in the AMS Blog on math blogs.
Iwasawa Theory of Elliptic Curves with Complex Multiplication, Part III essay (master's thesis) supervised by John Coates, Cambridge, Spring 2014.
- Computational Algebraic Geometry Workshop, Foundations of Computational Mathematics (FoCM 2020), Vancouver, June 2020
- Mathematics for Complex Data Conference, Department of Mathematics, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, June 2020
- Algebraic Structures in Statistical Methodology Workshop, Oberwolfach, Germany, March 2020
- 12th International Conference of the ERCIM Working Group on Computational and Methodological Statistics, London, December 2019
- Real Applied Algebraic Geometry, TU Berlin, September 2019
- SIAM Conference on Applied Algebraic Geometry, Bern, Switzerland, July 2019
- Geometry of Polynomials program, Simons Institute, Berkeley, Spring 2019
- Advances in Applied Algebraic Geometry conference, Bristol, December 2018
- Real Algebraic Geometry and Optimization workshop, Nonlinear Algebra Program, ICERM, Fall 2018
- Boltzmann Machines workshop, American Institute of Mathematics (AIM), San Jose, September 2018
- SIAM Annual Meeting, Portland, July 2018
- Berlin-Oxford Meeting on Applied Stochastic Analysis, Berlin, June 2018
- SIAM Conference on Applied Linear Algebra, Hong Kong, May 2018
- AMS Special Session on Algebraic Statistics, Northeastern University, April 2018
- Joint Mathematics Meetings, San Diego, January 2018
- SIAM AG Conference, Georgia Tech, July 2017
- Tensors CBMS Conference, Auburn University, Alabama, July 2017
- Interactions between algebra and the sciences, MPI Leipzig, Germany, May 2017
- Algebraic Statistics Workshop, Oberwolfach, Germany, April 2017
- Tensors: Algebra meets Numerics, MPI MiS Leipzig, Germany, December 2016
- SIAM Annual Meeting, Boston, July 2016
- Macaulay2 Workshop, Warwick, UK, May 2016
- AMS special session on Combinatorial and Computational Commutative Algebra and Algebraic Geometry, Salt Lake City, April 2016
- Workshop on Tensor Decomositions and Applications, Leuven, Belgium, January 2016
- Joint Mathematics Meetings, Seattle, January 2016
- Algorithms and Complexity in Algebraic Geometry reunion workshop, Simons Institute, Berkeley, December 2015
- Summer Graduate School on Mathematical Topics in Systems Biology, organized by the Altchuler-Wu Lab, MSRI, Berkeley, July 2015
- Workshop on Non-Linear Algebra, Berlin, Germany, May 2015
- Western Algebraic Geometry Symposium, University of Idaho, October 2014
- Algorithms and Complexity in Algebraic Geometry program, Simons Institute, Berkeley, Fall 2014
Summer 2019: I organized, with Carlos Améndola, Joscha Diehl, and Francesco Galuppi, a mini-symposium at the SIAM Conference in Applied Algebraic Geometry, called "Signature tensors of paths".
Spring 2019: I organized a learning seminar on Applied Invariant Theory.
Summer 2018: I organized, with Elina Robeva, a mini-symposium at the SIAM Annual meeting "Theoretical Challenges of Tensor Decomposition".
Summer 2018: I organized, with Andre Uschmajew and Bart Vandereycken, a mini-symposium in the SIAM Conference in Applied Linear Algebra, called "Tensors and Multilinear Algebra".
Summer 2017: I organized, with Elina Robeva, a mini-symposium in the SIAM Conference in Applied Algebraic Geometry, called "Tensors: From Algebra to Applications".
Spring 2017: I organized the workshop Interactions between Algebra and the Sciences with Jacinta Torres.
Fall 2016: I co-organized a tensors reading group Foundational Tensor Theory with Rockford Sison.
Fall 2015: I organized a Commutative Algebra reading group.
Summer 2013: I did a research project at Imperial College, London under the supervision of Mike Levin. We analysed biological pathways associated with susceptibility to inflammatory diseases.
Summer 2012: I attended the Kupcinet-Getz Program at the Weizmann Institute in Israel. I worked with Sergei Yakovenko on algebraic properties of local dynamics of intersections. We wrote a paper, see above.
- My google scholar profile.
- The Emmy Noether Society: a student society dedicated to the promotion of women in the mathematical sciences at Cambridge, set up by Zoe Wyatt and me in 2012.
- The Mirzakhani Society: for women and non-binary students studying maths at Oxford.
- The Noetherian Ring: for women in mathematics at UC Berkeley
- Mathematics is for all (by Annie Raymond).
- "Imagining things: What do you think about, when you think about maths?" A mini documentary about mathematical thinking, directed by Richard Braham and me in Cambridge in 2013.
Trinity 2020: Tutorials for Statistics and Data Analysis, The Queen's College, Oxford.
Spring 2018: GSI for Math 10B with Prof. Kelli Talaska, UC Berkeley.
Spring 2017: Head GSI for Math 10B with Prof. Craig Evans. A fun worksheet I made for the last class of the semester, UC Berkeley.
Spring 2016: I organized a Mathematical Biology reading group for a group of Berkeley undergraduate students.
Fall 2015: GSI for Math 10A with Prof. Richard Bamler, UC Berkeley.